Pride Week in Peel - July 19, 2013 to July 28, 2013
The Pride Committee of Peel would like to extend our thanks to our local government, community partners, local businesses and most of all, members of the community. Pride Celebrations in Peel would not be possible without all of your support and we look forward to seeing you during the 2013 season!
Sunday June 30, 2013
-Toronto Pride 2013! Join the Pride Committee of Peel as we walk with our allies, Peel Regional Police. Come out for the afternoon and let's show the (416) that the (905) has Pride!
Friday July 19, 2013
- Raising the Flag. Join the Pride Committee of Peel as we raise the Rainbow Flag over downtown Brampton to celebrate the offical start of Pride Week in Peel 2013! Exact time to be confirmed shortly.
Monday July 22, 2013
-Peel Pride Coffee Night - Join the Pride Committee of Peel at Starbucks Brampton, 8 Queen Street East, starting at 7:00pm. This twice a month event has become a fabulous opportunity to meet other members of the community and make new friends. Your first coffee/beverage is on us!
Saturday July 20, 2013
- 10th Anniversary Pride Day Picnic: noon until 6:00pm, takes place at Chinguacousy Park, 9050 Bramalea Road, Brampton, right across the street from Bramalea City Centre. The festivities begin at noon, and runs rain or shine. In addition to welcoming back our vendors, services providers and community partners, we look forward to live entertainment (weather permitting), and exciting activities for kids and adults alike. We look forward to bringing members of the community together in a safe, positive and inclusive environment, giving all of you a chance to catch up with old friends, make some new ones, and celebrate the diversity of your community right here at home. The best part....admission to the park and picnic is free! Don't leave the park just yet! Pride day continues with the annual dance party - details below.
- Annual Dance Party: 7:30pm to Last Call - Pride Day Continues! The day continues at the Chinguacousy Curling Club as we gather to celebrate the day, with the annual dance party beginning at 7:30pm. Admission is free, however we will be collecting donations to kick off our fundraising for the annual the Peel Scotiabank AIDS Walk for Life which is hosted by The Peel HIV/AIDS Network in September.
Sunday July 21, 2013
- Peel Pride Brunch - Time and Location to be advised
Monday July 22, 2013
- Peel Pride Coffee Night - Time and Location to be advised
Tuesday July 23, 2013 - To Be Advised
Wednesday July 24, 2013
- Annual Dinner Gathering hosted by The Pride Committee of Peel. location to be advised.
Thursday July 24, 2013 - To Be Advised
Friday July 25, 2013 - To Be Advised
Satursday July 26, 2013 - To Be Advised
Sunday July 27, 2013
- Annual Peel March and Community Fair. The fabulous week long celebration of Pride wraps up on Sunday July 28th, at Celebration Square beside Square One Shopping Centre. This annual march and community fair, organized by community agencies and volunteers celebrates Peel’s diverse LGBTTIQQ2S communities and our allies and is a fabulous way to come together, to celebrate and to advocate for the creation of more safe spaces in Peel.
Please see our calendar below for upcoming events in Peel Region.
The Pride Committee of Peel would like to thank our community partners and allies for making the 9th annual Pride week a huge success! New and exciting events are now underway, and details about The 10th Anniversary of Pride Week in Peel, taking place in 2013!
Monthly Coffee Nights – now taking place twice a month at Starbucks Brampton, 8 Queen Street East from 7:00pm to 9:00pm! ......check out the events calendar for dates, as we alternate between Monday's and Wednesday's to try and make this accessible for everybody.
Peel Region's First LBGT Book Club - proudly hosted by Chapter's in Brampton, 52 Quarry Edge Dr, Brampton, on the last Friday of every month starting at 7:00pm. Check out our event's calander for the montly selection and join us for some good times and great conversation!
*LGBTTIQQ2S: Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Transsexual, Transgender, Intersex, Queer, Questioning, 2Spirit
Calendar of Events
Click on the events to see more details and background information, and to add these events to your own calendar.